Welcome to Wherwell Mill!

We're the Frost Family - Tessa, Simon and our two daughters Flora and Clara.

We count ourselves incredibly lucky to live in such a magical place as Wherwell.


The mill forms a key part to the history of the village. It's thought there has been a mill here from when the neighbouring Abbey was founded in 986 by Elfthryth, the widow of King Edgar.


The current mill was probably built somewhere at the beginning of the 1800s to serve the needs of the village. The mill still retains all its original features including the paddle wheel, grinding stones and water powered generator that provided electricity for the village between 1932 and 1953.  


Over the coming years we will be carefully renovating the mill, preserving it for generations to come.